The Portable Video Recorder (PVR), is a convenient, easy way to collect data.
Simply set the PVR in the field by mounting the telescope pole against any street sign or utility pole, program your start/stop time on the DVR, then return anytime after your study is completed. Remove the SD card from the video recorder and then insert it into your PC and process the time-stamped video study at your convenience. No special software is required. Never worry about being late, not having the time, or enough manpower. This system eliminates all of these worries. You can set the PVR out days before your study and return days later. You can set your PVR to record 4 different start/stop times. No complicated downloading software or spending hours uploading your data. You can review your study directly on the portable recorder’s DVR or more typically on your own PC back in your office. You can even fast-forward the video for faster processing time.
The PVR Kit $1495
The basic kit has the telescoping pole at the top, the case, and the camera (see above). Optional accessories include the mounting fixture to attach the pole to a convenient sign, light pole, or tree, chain/ lock kits, and the solar charging panel.
This is the case open. The DVR is on the right. This connects to the camera mounted on the pole. An SD memory card plugs into the DVR and stores the video data. The gel cell battery is in the middle, and the video monitor is below it. You use the monitor to check the camera positioning before data collection and to review the data after.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
* Will the camera record at night? Yes
* How do you see what the camera sees? Each system has it’s own display unit
* Can you adjust the camera’s angle or use a different camera? Yes
* What type of charger is used and how often should the unit be charged? Any 12 v charger with,no more than 3 amps
* How many different start/ stop times can you program the unit? 4
* What are the file sizes? Varies from ½ gb to 1.5 gb per hr
* What is the maximum size and type of storage cards used? 32gb